Tuesday, May 14, 2013

More French Infantry WIP

Sorry for the lack of variety in my WIP posts of late! I hope you're not all getting sick of seeing French infantry. I've varied this bunch with a head conversion and a couple more figures with shako covers.

SHQ/Kennington officer in covered shako

HaT charging infantryman with home-made Milliput shako cover

Advancing pose with shako cover. It looks a bit more like a turban!

Unmodified march attack figure.

Original guinea-pig for the shako cover experiment.
He featured in an earlier post, but I realised recently that I'd painted him in light infantry colours!

Second march attack figure with head-swap.
The original head looked like he suffered from foetal alcohol syndrome! 

5 comments:

  1. I like a bit of variety, very well done Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never get bored of looking at these - just so much wonderful variety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great figures. the Kennington one adds a even more variety!

    Still laughing at the FAS, phwatar!

    For the uninitiated, the original is the figure on left-hand end of the second last row in this painting review on Plastic Soldier Review:
    http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=767

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tim and Andrew:

    It has been a long time since I wargamed with you. I have settled down here in Vancouver; married with two children. The wargaming group I belong to have adopted Cold Steel as their rule-set, and we have been playing for awhile. We would like to maintain contact for questions that we have regarding the rules.


    Jonathan Stone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Johnathan,

      If you drop me a line via the Contact Me widget above the Followers list, I can forward your message to Tim and Andrew.

      Good to hear our rules have acquired a following elsewhere in the world! Have you seen the latest iteration of the rules and charts in the link under the header banner?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Shelfari Bookshelf